Sudan opposition regrets military council’s suspension of talks


Sudanese protesters attend a demonstration in front of the defense ministry compound in Khartoum, Sudan, May 6, 2019. REUTERS/Umit Bektas

KHARTOUM (Reuters) – Sudan’s opposition alliance on Thursday said the ruling military council’s suspension of talks with protesters for 72 hours was a “regrettable decision”.

The opposition alliance, known as the Declaration of Freedom and Change Forces (DFCF), also vowed to continue sit-ins outside the defence ministry and across the country.

Earlier in the day, the Transitional Military Council (TMC) suspended the talks after protesters broke a deal on de-escalation, the council head said in a televised statement.

Reporting by Mohamed El-Sherif; Editing by Clarence Fernandez



Source link

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

About The Author

You might be interested in

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *